With Effect From the Academic Year 2013-14

LA 473                                 

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS

(ELECTIVE –II)

Instruction  per Week                                                                                                4 Periods
Duration of University Examination                                                                                      3 Hours
University Examination                                                                                              75 Marks
Sessional                                                                                                                     25 Marks

UNIT –I

Introduction: Meaning of Intellectual Property- Nature of I.P- Protection of I.P. Rights-kinds of Intellectual Property Rights –International Conventions of Intellectual Property Rights- patent Treaty 1970, GATT 1994, TRIPS & TRIMS – International Organization for Protection of IPR – WTO, WIPRO, UNESCO.

UNIT –II

Patents: Meaning of Patent- Commercial Significance – Obtaining of Patent – patentable Subject – matter – rights and obligations of Patentee – specification – Registration of patents – Compulsory licensing and licenses of rights – Revocation.

UNIT –III

Industrial Designs : Definitions of Designs – Registration of Designs – Rights and Duties of Proprietor of Design – Piracy of Registered Designs.

UNIT –IV

Trade Marks : Meaning of trademark – purpose of protecting trademarks Registered trade mark – procedure – passing off – Assignment and licensing of trademarks – Infringement of trademarks.

UNIT – V

Nature, scope of copyright – Subject matter of copy right – Right conferred by copyrightPublication – Broad – casting, telecasting – computer programme – Database right – Assignment – Transmission of copyright – Infringement of copy right.

Suggested Reading:

1. Cornish W.R, “Intellectual Property Patents”, Copyright, Trademarks and Allied Rights, Sweet & Maxwell 1993.
  2. P . Narayanan, “Intellectual Property Law”, Eastern law House 2nd Edn. 1997.
  3. Robin Jacob & Daniel Alexander, “A Guide Book to Intellectual Property Patents, Trademarks, Copy rights and designs”, Sweet and Maxwell, 4th Edn.,1993.

Articles View Hits
   Tue, 11-Feb-2020, 11:29 PMINTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS(ELECTIVE-II).