WITH EFFECT FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2012 - 2013

EE 354

MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS

(Common to EEE & IE)

Instruction                                             4              Periods per week

Duration of University Examination     3              Hours

University Examination                        75            Marks

Sessional                                                25            Marks

UNIT-I

Microprocessor Architecture of 8086- Segmented memory, Addressing modes, Instruction set, Minimum and maximum mode operations.

UNIT-II

Assembly language programming, Assembler directive, simple programs using Assembler, stings, procedures, Macros, Timing.

UNIT-III

Memory and I/O interfacing, A/D and D/A interfacing, 8255(PPI) , Programmable interval Timer(8253), Keyboard and display interface, interrupts of 8086.

UNIT-IV

Microcontrollers-8051 microcontrollers, Architecture, I/O ports, Connecting external memory, Instruction set, Assembly language programming.

UNIT-V

Interrupts, serial I/O, Timers, Counters, Applications of microcontrollers-interfacing LEDs, Seven Segment display, keyboard interfacing.

Suggested Reading:

1. 1.Douglas. V. Hall - Microprocessors and Interfacing - Tata McGraw Hill- Revised 2nd edition, 2006

1. 2.Krishna Kant – “Microprocessors and Microcontrollers-Architecture, programming and system design 8085, 8086, 8051, 8096”, Prentice-Hall india-2007

1. 3.Kenneth. J. Ayala –”The 8051 Microcontrollers Architecture, programming and Applications”, Thomson publishers, 2nd edition.
  2. 4.Walter A. Triebel & Avtar Singh- The 8088 & 8086 Microprocessor-Fourth edition, Pearson.

Myke Predko, “Programming and Customizing the 8051 micro controller”, Tata-McGraw Hill, 3rd reprint 2002.

Articles View Hits
   Tue, 11-Feb-2020, 10:06 PMMICROPROCESSORS & MICROCONTROLLERS (Common to IE & EEE) .