WITH EFFECT FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016 - 2017

EC354                                               

MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS

UNIT-I:

Instructions                                                                                         4 Periods per week

Duration of University Examination                                                  3 Hours

University Examination                                                                      75 Marks

Sessional                                                                                             25 Marks

Intel 8086/8088 architecture , Segmented memory, Minimum and Maximum modes of operation, Timing diagram, addressing modes, Instruction set, Assembler directives, macros, procedures, assembly language programming using data transfer, arithmetic, logical, branching and string manipulation instructions

UNIT-II:

8086 Interrupt structure, IO and Memory Interfacing concepts using 8086, IC Chip Peripherals-8255 PPI, 8254 Programmable timer, 8257 DMA controller, 8251 USART

UNIT-III:

8051 Microcontroller – Internal architecture and pin configuration, 8051 addressing modes, instruction set, Bit addressable features. I/O Port structures, assembly language programming using data transfer, arithmetic, logical and branch instructions.

UNIT-IV:

8051 Timers/Counters, Serial data communication and its programming, 8051 interrupts, Interrupt vector table, Interrupt programming.

UNIT-V:

Real world interfacing of 8051 with external memory, expansion of I/O ports, LCD, ADC, DAC, stepper motor interfacing.

Suggested Reading:

1. 1.Ray A.K & Bhurchandi K.M, “Advanced Microprocessor and Peripherals”, 2/e TMH, 2012
  2. 2.Muhammad Ali Mazidi, J.G. Mazidi and R.D McKinlay,” The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded systems using Assembly and C”, 2nd Edition, Pearson education, 2009.
  3. 3.Douglas V. Hall, “Microprocessors and Interfacing Programming and Hardware”, 2nd Edition TMGH, 1994.
  4. 4.Manish K. Patel, “The 8051 Microcontroller Based Embedded Systems”, McGraw Hill,
Articles View Hits
   Tue, 11-Feb-2020, 09:21 PMMICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLERS.