WITH EFFECT FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2013- 2014

CE 456

ADVANCED REINFORCED CONCRETE DESIGN

Instruction                                                                                                                                                                                       4 Periods per week

Duration of University Examination                                                                                                                                                    3 Hours

University Examination                                                                                                                                                                      75 Marks

Sessional                                                                                                                                                                                          25  Marks

UNIT-I

Beams curved in plan: Introduction – Design Principles – Structural Design of beams curved in plan of circular and rectangular types.

Deep Beams: Introduction – flexural and shear stresses in deep beams.

– I.S. Code provisions – design of Deep beams.

UNIT-II

Building Frames: Substitute frame method of analysis for building frames-design of rectangular portal frames for vertical loading including hinges at the base- Detailing of frames.

Flat slabs: Introduction, Components- I.S. Code Provisions – Design methods, Design for flexure and shear – Openings in Flat slabs

UNIT-III

Pile foundations – Structural design of piles and pile caps

Raft Foundations: Definitions, Types – Structural analysis and design of Raft foundation for buildings with column grids up to three by two

Suggested Reading:

1. 1.N.KrishnaRaju, Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design, CBS Publishers.

1. 2.H.J. Shah, Reinforced Concrete, Charoatr Publishers.

1. 3.P.C.Varghese, Advanced Reinforced Concrte Design, PHI, 2001

1. 4.Dr. B.C.Punmia, et al, Comprehensive R.C.C. Desings, Laxmi Pub. 1998.

Articles View Hits
   Tue, 11-Feb-2020, 08:24 PMAdvanced Reinforced Concrete Design (Elective –II).