WITH EFFECT FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2013- 2014

CE 402

ESTIMATING AND SPECIFICATIONS

Instruction                                                                                                                                                            5 Periods per week(2 Th + 3 Tutorials)

Duration of University Examination                                                                                                                      3 Hours

University Examination                                                                                                                                        75 Marks

Sessional                                                                                                                                                             25 Marks

UNIT-I: Working out the detailed estimate for the following:

1. i)Flat roofbuilding (load bearing, RCC & Steel framed structure)

1. ii)Bituminous and C.C. Road work including earthwork

1. iii)Single pipe culvert and single cell rectangular box culvert.

1. iv)Septic tank

1. v)Irrigation canal work including earthwork

UNIT-II: Estimation of steel quantities for the following R.C. Works

1. i)Slabs, Beams and Columns

1. ii)Footings - Rectangular, isolated and combined

1. iii)Stair Case

1. iv)Overhead rectangular water tank

UNIT-III: Preparation of analysis of rates and theoretical requirements of materials as per the standard data of APDSS for the following:

1. i)Major items of works of a building

1. ii)All items of work of bituminous and concrete road works.

UNIT--IV :As per APDSS

1. i)General and detailed specification of works

1. ii)Departmental procedure for construction work

1. iii)Types of estimates

UNIT-V

1. i)Types of contracts, essentials of contract, condition of contract and recent developments.
    1. ii)Tender - Tender from, Tender documents, Tender notice, e-tender, work order.

1. iii)Earnest money, Security deposit and new developments

1. iv)Measurement book and Muster roll. Concept of PPP projects, BOT and BOOT projects

Suggested Reading :

1. 1.B.N. Dutta, Estimating and Costing in Civil EngineeringTheory and Practice, S. Dutta & Co., Lucknow, 2002.

1. 2.M. Chakraborthi, Estimating, Costing and Specifications in Civil Engineering, (Published by Author), 2002.

1. 3.Jagjit Singh, Estimating and Costing in Civil Engineering, Galgotia Publications, New Delhi, 1996.

1. 4.Patil, B.S. (2009), Civil Engineering Contracts and Estimation,

Universities Press III Edition, Hyderabad.

Articles View Hits
   Tue, 11-Feb-2020, 08:15 PMEstimating and Specifications.