WITH EFFECT FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2012 - 2013

CE 354

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING

DESIGN & DETAILING - I (RCC)

Instruction                                             4             (Th) + 2 Drawing

Duration of University Examination    3             Hours

University Examination                        75           Marks

Sessional                                               25           Marks

(Note: All relevant IS codes necessary for teaching this course may be introduced and referred in detail by the Faculty concerned)

UNIT-I

Combined Footing and Retaining walls: Limit state design & detailing of combined rectangular and trapezoidal footings and retaining walls – cantilever and counter fort types.

UNIT-II

Water Tanks: Elastic Design & Detailing for RCC circular land rectangular ground level and over-head tanks-Design of staging. Design of Intze tanks.

UNIT-III

Bridges: IRC loadings; Elastic design and detailing of (i) RC bridge deck slab using effective width methods and Pigeaud’s method, (ii) Slab Bridges, and (iii) T-beam bridges.

Suggested Reading:

1. 1.Ramanatham, S., “Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures",

Dhanpat Rai & Sons, 2002.

1. 2.Vazirani and Ratwani, "Concrete Structures", Khanna Publishers, 1998.

1. 3.Krishna Raju, N., "Structural Design and Drawing: Reinforced Concrete", Universities Press, 1992.

1. 4.Prakash Rao, D.S., “Design principles and Detailing of Concrete Structures”, Tata McGraw- Hill Publishing Co. Ltd. 1995.

1. 5.Johnson Victor, D., “Essentials of Bridge Engineering”, Oxford & IBH Publishing Co., New Delhi, Fourth Edition, 1991

1. 6.Ponnuswamy, S., “Bridge Engineering”, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi,
Articles View Hits
   Tue, 11-Feb-2020, 08:09 PMStructural Engg. – Design & Detailing – I (RCC).