EFFECT FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2013 - 2014

AE 457

MICROPROCESSOR APPLICATIONS IN AUTOMOBILE

Instruction                                              4               Periods per week

Duration of University Examination      3               Hours

University Examination                         75             Marks

Sessional                                                 25             Marks

UNIT-I

Architecture & Instruction Set: General 8 bit micropocessor and its architecture 8085, Z-80 and MC 6800 MPU and its pin function - Architecture - Function of different sections. Instruction format - addressing modes - insruction set of 8085 MPU-T-STATE - Machine cycle and instruction cycles - Timing diagrams - Different machine cylces - Fetch and execute operations - estimation of execution times.

UNIT-II

Assembly Language Programming: Construct of the language programming - Assembly format of 8085 - Assembly Directive - Multiple precision addition and subtraction - BCD to Binary and Binary to BCD, Multiplication, Division, Code conversion using look up tables - Stack and subroutines.

UNIT-HI

Data Transfer Schemes: Interrupt structure - Programmed I/O - Interrupt driven I/O, DMA - Serial I/O.

UNIT-IV

Interfacing Devices: Types of interfacing devices - Input / Output ports 8212, 8255, 8251, 8279. Octal latches and tristate buffers - A/D and D/ A converters - Switches, LED’s ROM and RAM interfacing.

UNIT-V

Applications: Data acquisitions - Temperature control - Stepper motor control - Automotive applications Engine control, Suspension system control, Driver information systems), Development of a high speed, high precision learning control system for the engine control.

Suggested Reading:

1. 1.Ramesh, Goankar.S., Microprocessor Architecture Programming and Applications, Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi, 1986.

1. 2.Aditya.RMathur, Introduction to Microprocessors, III Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co Ltd., New Delhi, 1989.

1. 3.Ahson.S.I. Microprocessors with Applications in Process Control,

Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 1986.

1. 4.SAE Transactions, 1986 Sec 3.

Jabez Dhinagar.S., Microprocessor Application in Automobiles.

Articles View Hits
   Tue, 11-Feb-2020, 11:53 PMMICROPROCESSOR APPLICATIONS IN AUTOMOBILES.